Tuesday, 11 September 2012

UK Unionists: don't take your eye off the ball

Just to note that 1.5 MILLION people today demonstrated in Barcelona for Catalan independence. I have written before  how I don't think that either that or Scottish independence will happen any time soon, and continue to do so. But if they keep this up, I may have to revise my opinion. 

1.5 million, is, I reckon, about one-fifth of the autonomous region's population. I'm not sure that many would even fit on the streets of Edinburgh. And they, unlike the Scots, have not even a referendum planned as yet.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it hypocritical of Tony Benn to go on about how sad it would be if Scotland split from the rest of the UK yet seems to have no problem in supporting a united Ireland against the clear wishes of the vast majority of people in Northern Ireland?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...